Schantz Organ Company, Orrville, Ohio, recently completed a project at Central Baptist Church, Newnan, Georgia, Opus 2338.
The 37-rank organ includes the selective reuse of eight stops built by Henry Pilcher’s Sons in 1924 and M. P. Möller in their 1959 rebuild of the instrument. New pipes and a façade were made by Schantz, as well as new mechanism, layout, and a three-manual moveable console. Provisions for the four-stop Echo division of Pilcher pipework were made in the console.
Schantz has signed a contract for a project to take place at St. Thomas More University Parish, Norman, Oklahoma. This project will consist of building an all-new mechanism for the console and pipes of Skinner Organ Company Opus 422, built in 1923. This will be this instrument’s third home. A new non-speaking façade will also be built as part of the project.
For information: schantzorgan.com.
Other organ builder news: