Valparaiso University Organ Position
Vaparaiso University Department of Music, in conjunction with the staff of Chapel of the Resurrection is seeking a faculty candidate to perform the following duties:
● Serve as Cantor (choral and organ) for the worshipping community of the Chapel of the Resurrection, and as such, model that work for our students who aspire to the work of church music.
● Serve as the director of the Kantorei, the chapel choir.
● Develop the musical repertoires of campus worship to include diverse global and vernacular repertoires.
● Lead the organ division in the Department of Music, through studio teaching, weekly masterclasses, and instruction in related areas.
● Recruit organ and church music students.
● Serve the community as organist at ceremonial functions and commencements.
● Engage as a member of the Department of Music in the service work of the unit (e.g., adjudications, advisement, recruitment, etc.).
The successful candidate will be hired at the rank of Visiting Instructor or Visiting Assistant Professor for a term of one or two years, beginning in August 2017. The candidate should hold at least a master’s degree in an appropriate field (e.g., performance, sacred music, or conducting). Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Review of applications will begin on March 15, 2017, and continue until a suitable candidate is identified. Cover letter, curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, and transcripts from the highest earned degree should be submitted to http://apply.interfolio.com/40297.
Address questions regarding this position to Joseph Bognar, Chair of the Department of Music, at Joseph.Bognar@valpo.edu.